Temples and ChurchesThe Roman Catholic Kostel of St.Paul Apostle

The kostel of St.Paul Apostle was built in 1893 with parisheners' money. Initially a small building was planned to be used as a chapel by catholic sailors who worked on foreign ships in the old port of Odessa (the port was situated far from the kostel at that time).

But after that, in 1935, when the Roman Catholic Kostel of Dormition  Most Holy Mother of God Virgin Mary was closed, and the kostel of St.Paul Apostle became the only refuge not only for the catholics of Odessa, but for catholics from all the South of Ukraine. In the church, from the Roman Catholic Kostel of Dormition  Most Holy Mother of God Virgin Mary the icon of Mother of God and pictures of the suffering of Jesus Christ on Golgotha were brought to be kept.

In 1958, began a new page in the history of the Roman Catholic kostel of St.Paul Apostle. At directly linked with the name of the father Tadeusz Hote - first in Odessa priest-salesian. The work, which he started, is continued up till now by the priests of the Salesian order. In 1999 they bought the building of a former kindergarten and opened there a Youth Centre, Christian kindergarten, male hostel, the House of Tourist of Don Bosko, the sport’s club of Don Bosko and others sections for children and youths.